Taking care of your smile should be a priority for your overall health. Your smile is a fundamental structure of your facial features and should be cared for accordingly as you only get one set of teeth for a lifetime. However, tooth decay and accidents do occur. The good news? There are way to sometimes save or replace the missing tooth.
If an accident occurs or you are suffering from severe tooth decay and a tooth falls out, you should immediately visit your dentist for a solution. There are many ways to cover a missing tooth, and it is extremely important that you visit us in a timely manner since the open space can cause other teeth to shift. Also, if the tooth fell our due to an accident, any pieces left can lead to an infection.
A missing tooth may affect your look and impact your self-esteem. It also leaves the surrounding teeth vulnerable to shifting. Our dentists at Cyberdent will recommend the best option for you, ranging from dental implants or bridges to dentures. All treatment options provide a solution so you can smile confidently and happily. Visit our dental practice today to learn more!
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Monday, August 18, 2014
Oral cancer is a type of cancer that develops and affects any area both inside and outside of your mouth, including your lips, tongue, cheeks, hard and soft palate, throat and sinuses. We should be aware of any possible change or persistent discomfort you feel to detect these conditions as early as possible. Some of the symptoms include:
• Ongoing sores on the face, mouth or neck
• Lumps or bumps, swelling or crusts in the mouth or surrounding areas
• Sudden unexplained bleeding
• Difficulty when chewing or swallowing
• White and or red patches in your mouth
• Numbness or loss of feeling
• Ear pain
• Unexplained noticeable weight loss
• Change in your voice or persistent sore throat
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or if you are a regular smoker, alcohol drinker, have a history of oral cancer or have excessive exposure to the sun, please contact our dentist right away so we can examine, discard or treat any possible complication. Remember that early detection of oral cancer is the key to winning the battle!
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
- Take a painkiller. OTC medicine such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil) or acetaminophen (Tylenol) can help ease the pain for minor toothaches.
- Numb the affected area: you can purchase a numbing gel to relieve the pain for a couple of hours. This can be purchased in any drugstore or pharmacy without prescription.
- Apply ice: ice helps to swell down the affected area and ease the pain. You can buy a cold compress or simply place ice on a towel and press it on.
- Clean your mouth: check the cavities in our mouth for small pieces of food that might have been gotten stuck. Brush, floss thoroughly and rinse.
- Use home or alternative remedies: sea salt rinse (warm water and a spoonful of sea salt), clove oil, hydrogen peroxide (apply with a Q-tip, do not swallow), acupressure and even hard liquor (pressed on a cotton ball) are other alternatives used to relieve the pain.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
In following case the broken front tooth is restored with bonded composite filling material that perfectly mimics the tooth color, translucency, and the shape.
This approach is very conservative and there is no need to reduce the tooth structure for porcelain veneer or a crown.
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Starting dental care early and teaching our children how to brush and floss correctly can really help create the habit of a clean smile. It is recommended to take each child to a first dental visit six months after the eruption of a first tooth, but if you see a discoloration or any possible complication, you should schedule the appointment sooner.
At Cyberdent, we will make sure your child's first dental visit is gentle, caring and fun. We will check jaw and bite formation, gum development and any possible tooth decay. Remember to schedule regular checkups with our dentists every six months or earlier if you detect any possible problems. Call or visit us anytime, we are here to provide the best care to your infant and entire family!
Monday, June 9, 2014
At Cyberdent we strongly encourage our patients to maintain an impeccable oral hygiene particularly for the ones wearing braces. Poor maintenance during orthodontic treatment can lead to the damage of the enamel of the teeth.
The following case shows the result of enamel degradation after braces. We had to treated these teeth with porcelain veneers to restore the natural shape, shade, and functionality of the teeth.
Please visit our website and watch the video about how to clean teeth with braces."
Monday, May 12, 2014
At CyberDent dental offices our main goal is to help you achieve a healthy,beautiful smile while making you feel safe and supported in all of your dental and personal needs. This is why we improved our website to provide you with the best information available for our dental treatments and services, our dentist´s bios, important patient information and much more.
We have a fresh new look that you can access from any device. Our information will be available for you up-most convenience because the website will modify itself for optimum viewing on the device the site is accessed on. You can also contact us, your dentist in Glendale or Van Nuys, just by filling a small form.
Visit our website and enjoy our new look, learn more about our dental procedures and experience real life dental cases with our before/after gallery and our patient´s reviews.
Visit our website today!